Premature baby dies in Agra hospital; officials deny lapses
Meerut: A premature baby died at the Medical College here allegedly after being exposed to excess heat in the incubator where she was kept after delivery, police said today.
The death of the baby girl yesterday morning triggered protests by family members who blamed hospital authorities for negligence, they said.
However, a probe report submitted today by a team of medical college officials, ruled out any lapses on part of the hospital authorities leading to the death of the newly-born.
The probe had been ordered by the Meerut district collector after Muzaffarnagar BSP MP Kadir Rana called for action against the officials responsible for the death of the baby. The father of the baby, Mahbub, is the MP`s chauffeur.
Hospital authorities claimed that the seven-month pregnant woman-- Samina was admitted to the hospital on Monday night following a heart attack, where she gave birth to the premature baby.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference