Premature baby dies in Agra hospital; officials deny lapses
Meerut: A premature baby died at the Medical College here allegedly after being exposed to excess heat in the incubator where she was kept after delivery, police said today.
The death of the baby girl yesterday morning triggered protests by family members who blamed hospital authorities for negligence, they said.
However, a probe report submitted today by a team of medical college officials, ruled out any lapses on part of the hospital authorities leading to the death of the newly-born.
The probe had been ordered by the Meerut district collector after Muzaffarnagar BSP MP Kadir Rana called for action against the officials responsible for the death of the baby. The father of the baby, Mahbub, is the MP`s chauffeur.
Hospital authorities claimed that the seven-month pregnant woman-- Samina was admitted to the hospital on Monday night following a heart attack, where she gave birth to the premature baby.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites