Private lab to test swine flu swabs in Maharashtra
Mumbai: The Central Government has approved
the Maharashtra Government`s proposal to allow a private lab
to conduct swab test for swine flu in the state.
"The Centre has given approval to the proposal and Super
Religare Laboratories (SRL) would start testing the swabs
after the state Government gives final approval," Secretary
Medical Education Bhushan Gagrani told reporters here.
The Government officials and SRL would meet on Monday to
finalise the proposal, he said.
This is an effort to keep the private hospitals and labs
ready to deal with swine flu, as WHO and NIV have predicted
its recurrence in winter season, Gagrani said.
However, the Centre has issued a notification asking the
state Government to ensure reasonable rates of testing at
private labs, he said.
Altogether 61 patients have so far died due to the swine
flu in the state and 29 fresh cases were found yesterday.
Around 24 districts of Maharashtra have at least one swine flu
positive patient, the official said.
The 18 private hospitals in Mumbai screened 26 patients
yesterday and Tamiflu tablets were given to 20. There are 17
patients on ventilator, of which six are in the city`s private
hospitals, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?