Probe into HIV-infected syringe in China
Beijing: Police are hunting for clues after a man was pricked by an HIV-infected syringe left in a taxi, authorities said Monday.
Police have set up a special team to investigate the case and have asked people to provide tips, reported Xinhua citing the Beijing municipal public security bureau.
The man was pricked by the syringe after getting into a cab in the city`s Haidian district Aug 21. He reported the incident to police the same day.
The municipal centre for disease control and prevention said an unidentified liquid left in the syringe has tested positive for HIV.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive post poll violence in Malda, 4 TMC workers dead; Congress attacked them with bombs?
- Indian Premier League 9: More trouble for Rising Pune Supergiants as in-form Steve Smith flies back home due to wrist injury
- Bipasha Basu – Karan Singh Grover wedding: New photos of pretty bride and handsome groom
- French, US jet fighters destroy Islamic State site in Iraq
- Five years on, bin Laden doctor languishes in Pakistan jail