Provide free treatment to cancer patients: Punjab CM
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today asked the Health department to provide free treatment to the cancer patients detected in the recently concluded statewide door to door survey.
Interacting with Health and Family Welfare Minister Madan Mohan Mittal and top brass of the department after they submitted survey report "Statewide door-to-door campaign, cancer awareness and symptom based early detection" to him here, the CM reiterated the firm commitment of the government to eradicate cancer from the state, an official spokesman said today.
Badal said the second phase of this programme should be solely aimed towards checking the spread of this lethal disease.
Expressing concern over the fact that 34,430 people in the state have lost their lives in last five years due to cancer, Badal said, sustainable efforts should be made to avert any such mishap in the future.
The Chief Minister said, "As under this survey around 97 per cent population of the state has been covered, so the Health department now has the concrete database through which they could provide timely treatment to the patients detected with even minute symptoms of cancer".
Badal directed the department to make sure that proper treatment was provided to 24,659 persons who have been reported suffering from this disease besides ensuring suitable diagnostic facilities to 87,403 people amongst whom the symptoms of cancer have been traced.
He hoped that the recent decision of the Cabinet to set up a dedicated fund for eradicating cancer from the state would prove to be another milestone in state government`s crusade against it.
Badal said, "As the treatment of cancer was very costly so the Health department must make sure that every cancer patient was able to get immediate assistance from the Chief Minister`s cancer Relief Fund."
Earlier, Mittal apprised the CM that more than 40,000 duly trained field workers had accomplished this task by visiting 51,58,154 houses across the state.
He said this pilot project has been completed in a record time of one month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM