Quack who conducted abortion of female foetus held in Karnal
Chandigarh: A quack who allegedly conducted abortion at a charitable hospital in Haryana`s Karnal district was arrested today.
When a team of state health department reached the hospital, the abortion had already been done and the sweeper of the hospital escaped with the foetus.
Apart from the quack, Rekha, the husband of the woman who had undergone abortion, Jagat Ram, owner of the Hospital Jaiveer and those who cooperated in the ultrasound tests Balwinder and sweeper Guddi were also held, an official release said here.
Action has been taken against all of them under Pre Natal Diagnostic Technique Act and Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act.
Haryana is among those states besides neighbouring Punjab which has adverse sex ratio.
Rekha in her statement to the authorities said that she had to conduct abortion because the foetus was dead and had led to pain in the woman`s abdomen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report