Red wine can help fight diabetes
London: Drinking small glass of red wine every day can help treat diabetes, research has found.
Potent "super-food" compounds found in the wine can work as well as a daily dose of medication for people with Type 2 diabetes, reports express.co.uk.
The discovery has come as welcome news to the 2.5 million people in Britain suffering from this form which can cause strokes, heart attacks and blindness.
Scientists discovered antioxidants in red wine can be just as effective as a daily dose of a combative drug.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj