Right diet and exercise may help reduce aggressive tumours risk in prostate cancer patients
Washington: Men with prostate cancer can take control of their disease and moderate its aggressiveness through diet and lifestyle choices, a study has suggested.
Researchers at UCLA`s Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center (JCCC) have published the first study on adherence to eight World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF) lifestyle recommendations and aggressive prostate cancer that shows a significantly decreased risk of highly aggressive prostate cancer associated with closer adherence to the recommendations.
Study subjects were 2212 African American or Caucasian American men 40 to 70 years old with newly diagnosed prostate cancer .
Adherence to fewer than four of the eight WCRF recommendations predicted a 38 percent increased risk of aggressive tumours compared with adherence to four or more recommendations.
It was found that eating less than 500 grams of red meat per week or less than 125 total kilocalories per 100 grams of food per day were statistically significantly protective against highly aggressive tumours for all subjects in the study.
The study was published online in the Nutrition and Cancer journal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Vehicles near Ice House Police Station set on fire; Tamil Nadu govt to table bill on bull-taming sport at 5 pm
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog