Russian delegation in Kerala explores Ayurveda
Thiruvananthapuram: A Russian delegation met Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy Tuesday to work on ways of integrating the Indian traditional medicine system of Ayurveda with their methods.
The Russian delegation included Deputy Minister Kravoi Sergei Aledandrovich, S.V. Kalashnikov, chairman of the Russian parliamentary committee on health, and representatives of an NGO Ayurveda Russia-India Association (ARIA).
Addressing reporters here, Kalashnikov said health care is the prime priority in all countries.
"We are now searching for new areas, especially ayurveda, which we are looking to adopt. Our visit is to look into its costs, besides to see if this can possibly be integrated with our system of medicine," said Kalashnikov.
"We will conduct more studies on this and will also see how this can be applied with the modern system of medicine," said a member from the delegation.
ARIA's president K. Anitha said this is a small step to promote Ayurveda in Russia.
"ARIA will do all it can to promote Ayurveda. Russian doctors will be taught about it," said Anitha.
The Kerala chief minister promised full support to the Russian delegation.
"MoUs would be inked between Kerala and the Russian government and hence we would term this visit as successful," said Narayanan, a representative of Ayurveda Russia-India Association.
The department of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy, of the central Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is coordinating the visit.
The Russian team added that Ayurveda is appreciated by a large number of tourists from their country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered