Saudi Arabia reports 10 new MERS corona virus cases
Riyadh: Saudi Arabia Thursday reported ten new Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS)corona virus cases, taking the total number of cases to 371, including 107 deaths.
Three of the cases were reported in Riyadh, four in Jeddah and three in Macca, Xinhua reported.
To tackle the spreading of the infection, the country's health minister has appointed a council of medical advisors with extensive experience in infectious diseases.
The ten-member council will work under the direction of the minister and advise the ministry on the status and severity of MERS corona virus, as well as the management of existing cases.
Saudi Arabia also opened three specialist health centers in Jeddah, Riyadh and Dammam to ensure that suitable treatment facilities be available for those affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre