Geneva: Saudi Arabia has reported a fresh death from infection with Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), the World Health Organisation (WHO) said Monday.
In its latest disease outbreak update, WHO said the 56-year-old woman with underlying medical conditions was from the eastern region of Saudi Arabia, Xinhua reported. She became ill Oct 26 and died Oct 30.
She had contact with a previously laboratory confirmed case, according to WHO.
Globally, from September 2012 to date, WHO has been informed of a total of 150 laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with MERS-CoV, including 64 deaths.