Saudi Arabia reports another death from coronavirus
Geneva: Saudi Arabia has reported a fresh death from infection with Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), the World Health Organisation (WHO) said Monday.
In its latest disease outbreak update, WHO said the 56-year-old woman with underlying medical conditions was from the eastern region of Saudi Arabia, Xinhua reported. She became ill Oct 26 and died Oct 30.
She had contact with a previously laboratory confirmed case, according to WHO.
Globally, from September 2012 to date, WHO has been informed of a total of 150 laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with MERS-CoV, including 64 deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!