Scanner for diagnosing cancer in Delhi hospital
New Delhi: A state-of-the-art high-end scanner machine set up at a hospital here helps in getting right and accurate diagnosis in treatment for cancer and heart ailments, the medical centre said Monday.
The Positron Emission Tomography-Computed Tomography (PET/CT) scans set up at BLK Super Speciality Hospital gives an accurate diagnosis from staging to assessing the treatment response in both cancer and coronary artery disease.
"The Positron Emission Tomography-Computed Tomography (PET/CT) machine helps in assessing treatment response during chemotherapy and also prevents unnecessary bypass surgeries in heart patients by detecting the viable and non-viable myocardium (muscular tissue of the heart)," a statement from the hospital said.
According to the doctors, scanning takes less time thus reducing the discomfort to the patient.
"We have many cases where patients suffer due to wrong diagnosis in their early stage of the treatment but with the launch of this machine, patients would now get right and accurate diagnosis along with the treatment," Praneet Kumar, chief executive officer, BLK Super Speciality Hospital said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet