Scanner for diagnosing cancer in Delhi hospital
New Delhi: A state-of-the-art high-end scanner machine set up at a hospital here helps in getting right and accurate diagnosis in treatment for cancer and heart ailments, the medical centre said Monday.
The Positron Emission Tomography-Computed Tomography (PET/CT) scans set up at BLK Super Speciality Hospital gives an accurate diagnosis from staging to assessing the treatment response in both cancer and coronary artery disease.
"The Positron Emission Tomography-Computed Tomography (PET/CT) machine helps in assessing treatment response during chemotherapy and also prevents unnecessary bypass surgeries in heart patients by detecting the viable and non-viable myocardium (muscular tissue of the heart)," a statement from the hospital said.
According to the doctors, scanning takes less time thus reducing the discomfort to the patient.
"We have many cases where patients suffer due to wrong diagnosis in their early stage of the treatment but with the launch of this machine, patients would now get right and accurate diagnosis along with the treatment," Praneet Kumar, chief executive officer, BLK Super Speciality Hospital said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe