Scientists link social behavior to activity in specific brain circuit
Washington: Stanford University investigators have found a particular brain circuit which guides mammals' tendency to interact socially.
The study is crucial as it highlights the specific components of brain circuits involved in a complex behavior and may throw light on psychiatric disorders marked by impaired social interaction such as autism, social anxiety, schizophrenia and depression .
The study was published in Cell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Tata Group enters e-commerce market with apparel, electronics website
- 99 lashes for partying Iran youths
- Modi govt treated UP with apathy and neglect: Mayawati
- Missing Ishrat Jahan encounter files not traced as May 31 deadline approaches
- Have broken middlemen-Defence Ministry nexus: Manohar Parrikar