Seaweed extract could drive away acne woes in teens
London: Acne is probably the worst part of turning into a teenager for many, but now studies show that seaweed extract could solve this spotty problem.
An active ingredient from a type of brown seaweed could be the solution to spots and oily skin. Found off the coast of Brittany, the extract was found to be significantly more effective than a dummy face wash, scrub or gel, claimed the manufacturer behind the OXY range, Mentholatum.
It cut the number of spots and problems areas as well as curbing inflammation and redness, with improvement showing within 14 days.
Professor Enzo Berardesca, a director at the Instituto Dermatolgico San Gallicano, Italy, said that the product didn’t seem to have any side effects.
“People will probably like using this because it comes from a natural source and is not a chemical,” The Daily Mail quoted him as saying.
The OXY products are mainly aimed at teenage boys and young men, with nine out of ten having problem skin triggered by the male hormone testosterone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon