Seaweed extract could drive away acne woes in teens
London: Acne is probably the worst part of turning into a teenager for many, but now studies show that seaweed extract could solve this spotty problem.
An active ingredient from a type of brown seaweed could be the solution to spots and oily skin. Found off the coast of Brittany, the extract was found to be significantly more effective than a dummy face wash, scrub or gel, claimed the manufacturer behind the OXY range, Mentholatum.
It cut the number of spots and problems areas as well as curbing inflammation and redness, with improvement showing within 14 days.
Professor Enzo Berardesca, a director at the Instituto Dermatolgico San Gallicano, Italy, said that the product didn’t seem to have any side effects.
“People will probably like using this because it comes from a natural source and is not a chemical,” The Daily Mail quoted him as saying.
The OXY products are mainly aimed at teenage boys and young men, with nine out of ten having problem skin triggered by the male hormone testosterone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents