Seaweed extract could drive away acne woes in teens
London: Acne is probably the worst part of turning into a teenager for many, but now studies show that seaweed extract could solve this spotty problem.
An active ingredient from a type of brown seaweed could be the solution to spots and oily skin. Found off the coast of Brittany, the extract was found to be significantly more effective than a dummy face wash, scrub or gel, claimed the manufacturer behind the OXY range, Mentholatum.
It cut the number of spots and problems areas as well as curbing inflammation and redness, with improvement showing within 14 days.
Professor Enzo Berardesca, a director at the Instituto Dermatolgico San Gallicano, Italy, said that the product didn’t seem to have any side effects.
“People will probably like using this because it comes from a natural source and is not a chemical,” The Daily Mail quoted him as saying.
The OXY products are mainly aimed at teenage boys and young men, with nine out of ten having problem skin triggered by the male hormone testosterone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam