Secret to long life lies in your `name`
Manchester: The first letter of your name could indicate how long you would live, say researchers.
The study, led by academics at Wayne State University in Detroit, America revealed that people whose first name begins with A live longer by 10 years those whose initial is D.
They claim it stems from school grades, where A spells success and D failure. People whose name starts with D are more likely to have low self-esteem, which is linked to cancer and other illnesses.
They had shorter lives than those whose names began with E to Z. “This study suggests names have more of an impact than we’ve ever given them credit for,” the Daily Star quoted Dr David Holmes, from Manchester Metropolitan University, as saying.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?