Separate degree for spinal surgery needed
Coimbatore: Neuro Spinal Surgeons Association (NSSA) today said there should be a separate degree for spinal surgery after basic medical training from universities.
Spine surgery has grown well in India over the last two decades and many Neuro and Ortho surgeons are getting trained in the field and performing spine surgery.
However, this was not enough for the country and there need to be a separate degree for spinal surgery, NSSA president Dr J K B C Parthiban told reporters here.
The separate degree could be a combination of both neuro and ortho, he said.
He said the suggestion was made to the Medical Council of India and Health ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Huma Qureshi-Vidyut Jammwal's Gold Glare Selfie! See pic
- Arvind Kejriwal wishes his once arch political rival Kiran Bedi on her elevation as Puducherry Guv
- I see an outset of a footballing atmosphere in India: Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Two lions killed as man jumps into enclosure in attempt to commit suicide - Watch video
- Lord Hanuman's idols are fully smeared with sindoor – Here's why