Sheila Dikshit undergoes sinus surgery
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit Friday underwent a surgery for sinusitis in a city hospital, doctors said.
Dikshit, 75, was operated for functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute.
"Dikshit was operated Friday under the care of her personal cardiologist Ashok Seth at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute by her personal ENT consultant Devinder Rai from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital," said an official statement from the Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.
According to doctors, Dikshit was suffering from sinusitis since one year.
"Of late, she started having nasal obstruction which started impeding her day to day work, especially public speaking," it said.
"Her surgery took about an hour and she is stable after the surgery. She will be discharged soon," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur