Sheila Dikshit undergoes sinus surgery
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit Friday underwent a surgery for sinusitis in a city hospital, doctors said.
Dikshit, 75, was operated for functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute.
"Dikshit was operated Friday under the care of her personal cardiologist Ashok Seth at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute by her personal ENT consultant Devinder Rai from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital," said an official statement from the Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.
According to doctors, Dikshit was suffering from sinusitis since one year.
"Of late, she started having nasal obstruction which started impeding her day to day work, especially public speaking," it said.
"Her surgery took about an hour and she is stable after the surgery. She will be discharged soon," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter