Sheila Dikshit`s recovery satisfactory: Doctors
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, who underwent surgery for sinusitis two days ago, has recovered successfully, a doctor said Sunday.
"Mrs. Sheila Dikshit has had uncomplicated recovery since her sinus surgery two days ago," said a statement from Dr. Ashok Seth, chairman of Fortis Escorts Heart Institute.
Dikshit, 75, underwent functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) Friday at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute. Dikshit was suffering from sinusitis for the past one year.
"She underwent a pre-planned minor surgical procedure today (Sunday) to remove the nasal packs which had been placed at the time of the sinus surgery," the statement added.
The chief minister is under careful observation and has been advised rest to avoid any secondary bleeding from the nose. Her medical progress is "satisfactory".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?