Should you freeze out frozen foods?
China`s manufacturing controls have caused alarm around the world – most recently when frozen foods and dairy products were pulled from shelves in Southern China because of melamine contamination.
Of course, you do not want to find any tainted foods in your kitchen but are frozen foods a sound option for living green and eating optimally?
If you are trying to decrease your oil footprint then you would want to stay clear from purchasing frozen foods (and chewing gum) according to Planet Green, a healthy living website, because the wax layer in frozen food packaging contains petroleum.
But BetterHealth Channel, an online health information site for consumers that is monitored by the Australian government, says "[t]he nutrient value of a food is retained when it is frozen. Any nutrient losses are due to the processing prior to freezing and the cooking once the frozen food is thawed."
Ideally it is best to purchase flash-frozen food products, as the integrity of the food is kept intact.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter