Should you freeze out frozen foods?
China`s manufacturing controls have caused alarm around the world – most recently when frozen foods and dairy products were pulled from shelves in Southern China because of melamine contamination.
Of course, you do not want to find any tainted foods in your kitchen but are frozen foods a sound option for living green and eating optimally?
If you are trying to decrease your oil footprint then you would want to stay clear from purchasing frozen foods (and chewing gum) according to Planet Green, a healthy living website, because the wax layer in frozen food packaging contains petroleum.
But BetterHealth Channel, an online health information site for consumers that is monitored by the Australian government, says "[t]he nutrient value of a food is retained when it is frozen. Any nutrient losses are due to the processing prior to freezing and the cooking once the frozen food is thawed."
Ideally it is best to purchase flash-frozen food products, as the integrity of the food is kept intact.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’