Silicosis affects mine workers
New Delhi: Silicosis is one of the most common diseases that affects Indian mine workers, parliament was informed Monday.
Minister of State for Labour and Employment K. Suresh said in the Lok Sabha that elaborate precautions were taken to control dust pollution and to provide adequate ventilation.
"These provisions are rigorously followed up during inspections and enquiries and corrective measures are initiated wherever required," the minister said.
But he admitted that no specific study had been conducted regarding the health of the workers engaged in mining.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail