Single night of boozing amounts to quarter of weekly calorie intake
Melbourne: A new survey has found that 26 percent of slimmers consume a quarter of their weekly calorie intake in alcohol alone.
The poll of 1000 slimmers carried out by Forza Supplements has found that four out of ten consume 1,000 calories in alcohol on just one night out, News.com.au reported.
It was found that more than 50 percent of the respondents said boozing made them hungrier, while four in five said it lowered their willpower, causing them to indulge in junk food.
The company's Lee Smith said the key to successful dieting is cutting out alcohol.
He said studies showed that alcohol increases your appetite by suppressing leptin, the hormone which normally tells your brain to stop eating, but it also negatively effects many other brain chemicals that are involved in appetite suppression.
Smith asserted that the other really damaging thing is that as few as two standard alcoholic drinks can slow down your body's fat-burning process by a whopping 73 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state