Single night of boozing amounts to quarter of weekly calorie intake
Melbourne: A new survey has found that 26 percent of slimmers consume a quarter of their weekly calorie intake in alcohol alone.
The poll of 1000 slimmers carried out by Forza Supplements has found that four out of ten consume 1,000 calories in alcohol on just one night out, News.com.au reported.
It was found that more than 50 percent of the respondents said boozing made them hungrier, while four in five said it lowered their willpower, causing them to indulge in junk food.
The company's Lee Smith said the key to successful dieting is cutting out alcohol.
He said studies showed that alcohol increases your appetite by suppressing leptin, the hormone which normally tells your brain to stop eating, but it also negatively effects many other brain chemicals that are involved in appetite suppression.
Smith asserted that the other really damaging thing is that as few as two standard alcoholic drinks can slow down your body's fat-burning process by a whopping 73 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Steady economic growth fails to revive job market: Report
- Just 1% of population pay taxes; over 5,000 paid more than Rs 1 crore
- 17 out of 30 sectors in negative zone in March in terms of exports
- Indiabulls Real Estate cuts debt by 16% to Rs 4,617 crore in FY16
- E-vehicle maker Clean Motion to invest $10 million in India