Six more die of encephalitis; toll mounts to 281
Gorakhpur: Six more children succumbed to encephalitis at the BRD Medical College Hospital here, taking the toll in the viral disease in eastern Pradesh to 281 this year.
The dead include three children from Gorakhpur, two from Deoria and one from Siddharthanagar, officials said on Wednesday.
Diwakar Prasad, Additional Director (Health), Gorakhpur Division, said a total of 1,675 encephalitis patients were admitted to different government hospitals of the region this year, of which 281 died.
As many as 25 new encephalitis patients have been admitted to the hospital during the past 24 hours, Prasad said, adding that over 275 patients are being treated at different government hospitals of the region.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed