Sixty more swine flu cases in Delhi, 420 infected
New Delhi: Sixty people tested positive for swine flu here Sunday, taking the number of people infected by the Influenza A (H1N1) virus in the capital to 420, an official said.
"Sixty people tested positive for swine flu but there have been no deaths today (Sunday)," a doctor at the Delhi Health Service (DHS) told IANS.
This month the virus infected 262 people, of whom six have died. In January, 39 cases were reported and one succumbed to the virus.
"This year there has been a sudden spurt in swine flu cases compared to last year. Even small government hospitals in Delhi have reported swine flu cases, which was not so the previous year," the doctor said.
According to the Delhi government, 17 hospitals and five private hospitals are treating swine flu patients.
In 2012, only 78 swine flu cases and one death were reported in the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31