Sixty more swine flu cases in Delhi, total 570
New Delhi: Sixty people tested positive for swine flu here Wednesday, taking the total number of those infected by the Influenza A (H1N1) virus to 570, an official said.
"Sixty people tested positive for swine flu, but there have been no deaths today (Wednesday)," a doctor of the Delhi Health Service (DHS) told.
According to doctors, there has been a sudden spurt in the number of swine flu cases; there were 39 cases and one death in January alone, and 531 cases and 10 deaths in February as of Wednesday.
"This year there have been 570 cases of swine flu in two months," an official said, attributing it to a weather patterns and low hygiene standards of people.
According to the Delhi government, only four cases were reported during the same period in 2012, and a total of 78 cases and one death in the entire year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi