Smoking does make you look older
New York: A new study has found that smoking can reduce the amount of oxygen to the skin and can speed the breakdown of collagen.
Smokers are likely to get bags under their eyes and wrinkles around their lips earlier than non-smokers, according to a new study of identical twins.
Judges who didn't know which twin smoked said the smoker looked older 57 percent of the time.
That pattern held when both twins were smokers but one had smoked for many years longer than the other.
Dr. Elizabeth Tanzi said that smoking makes you look old.
She told a news agency that besides lung cancer, heart attacks and strokes, just one more good reason to stop smoking is that it's definitely making you look a lot older.
The findings are published in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?