Smoking does make you look older
New York: A new study has found that smoking can reduce the amount of oxygen to the skin and can speed the breakdown of collagen.
Smokers are likely to get bags under their eyes and wrinkles around their lips earlier than non-smokers, according to a new study of identical twins.
Judges who didn't know which twin smoked said the smoker looked older 57 percent of the time.
That pattern held when both twins were smokers but one had smoked for many years longer than the other.
Dr. Elizabeth Tanzi said that smoking makes you look old.
She told a news agency that besides lung cancer, heart attacks and strokes, just one more good reason to stop smoking is that it's definitely making you look a lot older.
The findings are published in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples
- 50,000 security personnel to guard last phase of West Bengal Assembly Election 2016
- As Donald Trump becomes presumptive nominee, China urges objectivity
- WATCH: On this day, destructive AB de Villiers smashed Dale Steyn for 23 runs in one over
- JD(U) member of Rajya Sabha raises issue of paucity of judges