Smoking does make you look older
New York: A new study has found that smoking can reduce the amount of oxygen to the skin and can speed the breakdown of collagen.
Smokers are likely to get bags under their eyes and wrinkles around their lips earlier than non-smokers, according to a new study of identical twins.
Judges who didn't know which twin smoked said the smoker looked older 57 percent of the time.
That pattern held when both twins were smokers but one had smoked for many years longer than the other.
Dr. Elizabeth Tanzi said that smoking makes you look old.
She told a news agency that besides lung cancer, heart attacks and strokes, just one more good reason to stop smoking is that it's definitely making you look a lot older.
The findings are published in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- South Sudan ceasefire monitors warn of violence
- Chennai Infosys employee murder: High-resolution image of suspect released
- A little butter a day may not harm your heart
- WATCH: What a grab! Eng vs SL - Danushka Gunathilaka pulls off unreal catch
- Indian money in Swiss banks drops by one-third to Rs 8,392 crore