Soft drinks can damage your body in 3 weeks
London: A new study has found that drinking two cans of fizzy pop a day could increase the chance of developing heart disease and diabetes in three weeks.
In the study, volunteers who drank two sweet drinks saw a rapid rise in their blood sugar levels and a chemical linked to heart troubles.
It also said that even drinking moderate amounts of sugary beverages caused a potentially dangerous change in cholesterol.
The tests conducted on 29 healthy men aged from 20 to 50 found the drinks caused ‘bad’ cholesterol to break into smaller particles, making them more likely to suffer heart disease.
“Only a few weeks of moderate consumption is sufficient to increase risk markers,” the Sun quoted the US researchers as saying.
The study was published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown