Soon, pill to beat migraine!
Washington: A pill to prevent migraine headaches could soon be on the horizon, now that a gene linked to the condition has been discovered.
So far, there is no therapy that prevents an attack.
"We may be moving toward developing about a pill that would block the brain`s pain channel that reacts to stimulation and causes pain in migraine," says Dr. Guy A. Rouleau director of the CHU Sainte-Justine Research Center and Full Professor in the Department of Medicine of the Université de Montréal
“Sequencing the gene not only allows us to understand the disease – it also opens understanding of the pain pathways that trigger migraine pain,’” he said.
Dr Allan Purdy, from Dalhousie University in Halifax, Canada, said the discovery of the gene confirmed the long-standing belief that migraine runs in some families.
The study was presented at the annual scientific meeting of the American Headache Society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far