Special oral health hospitals across India soon
New Delhi: The government plans to set up hospitals exclusively for oral health care at both the national and regional levels, Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said Thursday.
"Facilities for dental treatment and oral health are still inadequate in India. In rural areas, they are practically absent," he said while inaugurating the Centre for Oral Health Promotion at the Centre for Dental Education and Research at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here.
The minister said the coming years would see more investment in dental hospitals and colleges at the national and regional levels.
These would have the latest sophisticated equipment and research facilities.
The new centre at AIIMS has been recognised by the World Health Organization as a partner.
"Doctors on their own should act as points of dissemination of information on positive and healthy habits," Harsh Vardhan said.
"While the government will do its duty of framing policies and schemes and implementing them, it would require the cooperation and involvement of all to make 'health for all' a social movement," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know