States callous in dealing with silicosis, says NHRC
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission chairman K.G. Balakrishnan Friday expressed concern over the callousness of the states in dealing with the problems of people affected with silicosis.
"State governments are not sympathetic to the problems of people affected with silicosis," Balakrishnan said here.
"The commission has taken a serious view of the callous attitude of the states in dealing with the problem of silicosis," he said at the National Conference on Silicosis.
Silicosis is a fibrotic disorder caused by inhalation, retention and pulmonary reaction to crystalline silica in the dust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal
- French Open 2016: Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic roll on, symmetry for Williams sisters
- Premier League: Jose Mourinho all set to take control at Manchester United
- Zika not a reason to cancel Rio Olympics, says US health official