States callous in dealing with silicosis, says NHRC
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission chairman K.G. Balakrishnan Friday expressed concern over the callousness of the states in dealing with the problems of people affected with silicosis.
"State governments are not sympathetic to the problems of people affected with silicosis," Balakrishnan said here.
"The commission has taken a serious view of the callous attitude of the states in dealing with the problem of silicosis," he said at the National Conference on Silicosis.
Silicosis is a fibrotic disorder caused by inhalation, retention and pulmonary reaction to crystalline silica in the dust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter