States callous in dealing with silicosis, says NHRC
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission chairman K.G. Balakrishnan Friday expressed concern over the callousness of the states in dealing with the problems of people affected with silicosis.
"State governments are not sympathetic to the problems of people affected with silicosis," Balakrishnan said here.
"The commission has taken a serious view of the callous attitude of the states in dealing with the problem of silicosis," he said at the National Conference on Silicosis.
Silicosis is a fibrotic disorder caused by inhalation, retention and pulmonary reaction to crystalline silica in the dust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation