Staying active throughout the day `more beneficial for pregnant women`
Washington: A new research has claimed that staying active throughout the day is more beneficial to limit excess weight gain for pregnant women.
Christina Campbell, an associate professor of food science and human nutrition at Iowa State University , said that they able to show that pregnant women spend 75 percent of the time they are awake in sedentary behaviors.
She said that many of these women met physical activity guidelines. But just because a women met the guidelines, doesn`t necessarily mean that they were a non-sedentary person.
Getting women to be more active during pregnancy is not only important for limiting weight gain, but it also impacts the future health of the baby.
Campbell said that if a woman gains too much, it predisposes the baby to childhood obesity and also raises the risk for maternal complications like hypertension, pre-eclampsia and postpartum obesity.
That is why it is important to help women manage their weight through diet and exercise.
Campbell said that the problem is most intervention programs are centred on physical activity guidelines of 30 minutes of exercise a day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Police pressuring woman to give false statement against Amanantullah Khan: AAP
- Turkey detains Gulen`s nephew after coup attempt: Report
- UP: BJP protest for Naseemuddin Siddiqui's arrest, Dayashankar Singh's re-induction
- Discontinue pellet guns, says J&K HC citing Rajnath's statement
- MCA Managing Committee to discuss SC judgement on Sunday