Students fall ill after mid-day meal
New Delhi: Twelve students of a government school here, aged between five and 12, were admitted to a hospital Thursday afternoon when they complained of stomach ache after their mid-day meal, police said.
Students of Sarvodaya Bal Vidyalaya in Patparganj area of east Delhi fell ill after eating 'Rajma Chawal' that was served to them.
"They were rushed to Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital where they are being treated," a police officer said.
"The children were brought to our hospital with complaints of stomach ache and vomiting. They had eaten Rajma Chawal offered to them at the school around 11.30 a.m.," said a doctor.
"The children were given injections and drip and their condition is stable now. We have kept them under observation," he added.
A police officer said: "Samples of food have been sent for tests at a laboratory.
"An inquiry has been initiated to check the reason of their illness," he added.