Sun Pharma gets USFDA nod for generic duodenal ulcer capsules
New Delhi: Drug firm Sun Pharmaceutical Industries today said it has received final approval from the US health regulator for its generic Lansoprazole delayed- release capsules used for treating duodenal ulcer.
"The United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) has granted its subsidiary final approval for its abbreviated new drug applications (ANDA) for generic version of Prevacid, Lansoprazole Delayed-Release Capsules USP 15 mg and 30 mg," Sun Pharmaceutical Industries said in a statement.
Prevacid is a registered trademark of Takeda Pharmaceuticals US, Inc.
"These capsules have annual sales of approximately USD 430 million in the US," Sun Pharma said.
Lansoprazole delayed-release capsules USP are indicated for short-term treatment (for 4 weeks) for healing and symptom relief of active duodenal ulcer, it added.
The Mumbai based Sun Pharmaceutical Industries manufactures and markets pharmaceutical formulations as branded generics as well as generics in India, US and several other markets across the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued