Surgeons remove 60kg tumour from Mexican woman
Mexico City: A team of doctors has removed a 60kg tumour from a 51-year-old woman's ovaries, health officials said.
According to the director of the Mexican Social Security Institute's (IMSS) medical unit, Moises Aaron Nuñez Gonzalez, no tumour of this size has been documented before in the world.
The operation was performed at a hospital in Cabo San Lucas, a city in Baja California Sur state.
The tumour in the patient, Mercedes Talamantes, began growing five years ago, Gonzalez said.
Talamantes said that it felt strange to walk without the huge bulge in her abdomen.
She said the tumour was making her depressed and her daughter convinced her to go see a doctor.
The operation on Talamantes lasted four hours, Gonzalez said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair