Surgeons remove 60kg tumour from Mexican woman
Mexico City: A team of doctors has removed a 60kg tumour from a 51-year-old woman's ovaries, health officials said.
According to the director of the Mexican Social Security Institute's (IMSS) medical unit, Moises Aaron Nuñez Gonzalez, no tumour of this size has been documented before in the world.
The operation was performed at a hospital in Cabo San Lucas, a city in Baja California Sur state.
The tumour in the patient, Mercedes Talamantes, began growing five years ago, Gonzalez said.
Talamantes said that it felt strange to walk without the huge bulge in her abdomen.
She said the tumour was making her depressed and her daughter convinced her to go see a doctor.
The operation on Talamantes lasted four hours, Gonzalez said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach