Surgeons remove 60kg tumour from Mexican woman
Mexico City: A team of doctors has removed a 60kg tumour from a 51-year-old woman's ovaries, health officials said.
According to the director of the Mexican Social Security Institute's (IMSS) medical unit, Moises Aaron Nuñez Gonzalez, no tumour of this size has been documented before in the world.
The operation was performed at a hospital in Cabo San Lucas, a city in Baja California Sur state.
The tumour in the patient, Mercedes Talamantes, began growing five years ago, Gonzalez said.
Talamantes said that it felt strange to walk without the huge bulge in her abdomen.
She said the tumour was making her depressed and her daughter convinced her to go see a doctor.
The operation on Talamantes lasted four hours, Gonzalez said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested