Swine flu case detected in Gujarat
Anand: A confirmed case of swine flu (H1N1 influenza), first in Gujarat after the previous nation-wide outbreak of the epidemic, was reported in Rampura
locality of Bakrol here.
Ghanshyam Rathore (26) tested positive for swine flu, and his wife, mother and father were being given prophylactic treatment, District Health Officer S B Shah said.
The health officials had started administering Tamiflu to the family members as a precautionary measure, he said.
Rathore, who got married on March 12, developed fever, cough and cold soon thereafter. He got admitted to a private hospital three days ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter