Swine flu case detected in Gujarat
Anand: A confirmed case of swine flu (H1N1 influenza), first in Gujarat after the previous nation-wide outbreak of the epidemic, was reported in Rampura
locality of Bakrol here.
Ghanshyam Rathore (26) tested positive for swine flu, and his wife, mother and father were being given prophylactic treatment, District Health Officer S B Shah said.
The health officials had started administering Tamiflu to the family members as a precautionary measure, he said.
Rathore, who got married on March 12, developed fever, cough and cold soon thereafter. He got admitted to a private hospital three days ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS