Swine flu case detected in Gujarat
Anand: A confirmed case of swine flu (H1N1 influenza), first in Gujarat after the previous nation-wide outbreak of the epidemic, was reported in Rampura
locality of Bakrol here.
Ghanshyam Rathore (26) tested positive for swine flu, and his wife, mother and father were being given prophylactic treatment, District Health Officer S B Shah said.
The health officials had started administering Tamiflu to the family members as a precautionary measure, he said.
Rathore, who got married on March 12, developed fever, cough and cold soon thereafter. He got admitted to a private hospital three days ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US