Swine flu kills two more in Delhi
New Delhi: Two people suffering from swine flu died in the national capital Friday while 58 tested positive for the Influenza A (H1N1) virus, taking the total number of cases to 301 since January, an official said.
"Fifty-eight people have tested positive for swine flu. One death was reported from Apollo Hospital and another from Jaipur Golden Hospital," a Delhi Health Service doctor told IANS.
Doctors said there has been a sudden spurt in swine flu cases.
This month, the virus infected 262 people, of which six have died. In January, 39 cases were reported and one succumbed to the virus.
According to the Delhi government, 78 swine flu cases and one death was reported in 2012.
"Symptoms of the flu are unrelenting high fever and sudden breathlessness," said Suranjit Chatterjee, internal medicine consultant at Apollo Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video