Swine flu virus has spread to almost every country: WHO
Geneva: The swine flu virus has spread to almost every country in the world since it was discovered at the end of March, the World Health Organisation said on Friday.
"The spread of this virus continues, if you see 160 out
of 193 WHO member states now have cases, so we are nearing
almost 100 per cent but not quite yet," said Gregory Hartl,
spokesman for the WHO.
Hartl added that the A(H1N1) virus, which the WHO
declared a pandemic in June, has resulted in around 800
However, he said it was not possible to give a death rate
for the virus, given that "we don`t have the exact numerator
The WHO late last week stopped issuing figures of
infected people worldwide. It said however, that it was
continuing to watch for the virus`s appearance in new
Meanwhile, Hartl said there remained many unknowns about
"We don`t know how the virus will change going forward,"
Another unknown is how the virus would behave in the
northern hemisphere`s winter, given that it was uncovered only
during springtime in the north, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video