Swiss acupuncturist probed over HIV infections
Geneva: Swiss authorities are investigating whether an acupuncturist intentionally infected at least 15 people with HIV.
The case came to light when Swiss tabloid Blick
reported this week that authorities had yet to complete a
preliminary investigation that started five years ago in Bern
Investigating magistrate Hermann Fleischhackl told today that the investigation was launched after one alleged victim filed a criminal complaint in 2005.
He says 19 HIV-infected people had contact with the
Fleischhackl says he will decide by next year whether
to recommend the man be formally charged with multiple cases
of intentionally spreading a human disease and causing serious
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Seven crucial points new BCCI president Anurag Thakur raised during maiden press conference
- MUST WATCH VIDEO: 84* off 18 balls - You wont believe who is batting....
- Brace yourself, Eid is coming! New still from Salman Khan's 'Sultan' will gear you up for trailer launch
- 'India's net FDI flows to hit USD 38 billion this fiscal'
- Did you know Avika Gor also took Cannes Film Festival by storm this year! - Pics inside