Swiss acupuncturist probed over HIV infections
Geneva: Swiss authorities are investigating whether an acupuncturist intentionally infected at least 15 people with HIV.
The case came to light when Swiss tabloid Blick
reported this week that authorities had yet to complete a
preliminary investigation that started five years ago in Bern
Investigating magistrate Hermann Fleischhackl told today that the investigation was launched after one alleged victim filed a criminal complaint in 2005.
He says 19 HIV-infected people had contact with the
Fleischhackl says he will decide by next year whether
to recommend the man be formally charged with multiple cases
of intentionally spreading a human disease and causing serious
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender