HO document shows that while over five crore Indians, suffered from depression in 2015, over three crore others suffered from anxiety disorders in the corresponding year.
One should include 10 portions or 800 grammes of fruit and vegetables daily as it help reduce the risk of early deaths.
Researchers have found that women who had signs of active genital herpes infection during early pregnancy may increase the risk of developing autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in babies later.
Currently, she is on a strict diet and also undergoing 90-minute physiotherapy sessions. Her first surgery is less than two weeks away.
Researchers have found that two drugs used to treat asthma and allergies may help prevent a form of pneumoniacan which can kill up to 40 per cent of people who contract it.
An estimated 322 million people suffered depressive disorders in 2015, a rise of 18.4 percent in a decade, as people live longer, the United Nations agency said in a report.
Of the patients who did go on to develop diabetes, those who were given liraglutide took nearly three times longer to develop the disease than those in the placebo group.
There is an urgent requisite for dementia awareness in India, since diagnosis is getting affected.
This research involved 2,527 men and women aged 54 and older taking part in the English Longitudinal Study of Ageing, taking data over a four-year period.
In a campaign called “Break the Bloody taboo”, NGO Sacchi Saheli, which started with imparting these lessons in slums, will now conduct 'period talks' for teenage girls in 70 government-run schools where questions around menstruation will be answered.
Of the patients who did go on to develop diabetes, those who were given liraglutide, took nearly three times longer to develop the disease.
Supporting the universal idea of upholding fruits and veggies due to their health-promoting properties, a new research suggests that a diet rich in fruit and green leafy vegetables can be beneficial for your lung health.
Australians have notoriously poor diets, but said a "pretty good quality of life" counteracts the poor eating habits.
The study also revealed that the percentage of lung cancer deaths are actually higher for women aged between 25 and 44 than they are for men.
Overall out of the 47,012 samples tested, 13 samples were found to be spurious and 1,850 samples were found to be 'Not of Standard Quality' (NSQ), said a statement from the ministry.
A new study has identified a gene that could play a very important role in making humans obese or lean.
A new study has revealed that group of drugs commonly prescribed for heartburn, ulcers and acid reflux may cause gradual yet 'silent' kidney damage.
A new study reveals that hormonal maintenance therapy (HMT) may significantly improve survival in women with a rare type of epithelial ovarian or peritoneum cancer and those having low-grade serous carcinoma (LGSC).
The development happened amid the case of the death of a 28-year-old AIIMS nurse, who died after undergoing a C-section surgery last month.
This disorganisation could be how the virus penetrates the placenta to infect the foetus, the researchers said.
Using the Apple Watch app - known as EpiWatch - researchers observed that stress and lack of sleep are the reasons for seizures in people with epilepsy.
The development came after the government had last week slashed prices of stents by up to 85 per cent by capping them at Rs 7,260 for bare metal ones and Rs 29,600 for the drug eluting variety.
A well-established connection between body weight and chronic pain might be explained by inflammation in the body, and the study points to anti-inflammatory foods including fish, nuts and beans as a key to preventing or reducing that pain.
However, delaying a necessary C-section can cause severe or permanent medical complications to the mother and the baby or even death.
A number of studies has shown that napping can help boost alertness, increase productivity and improve creativity.
Messi has signed to become the ambassador for Tour n' Cure, the Egyptian initiative said on its website.
In its report on the health impact of oil spill, the fact-finding team said that it found a number of workers and residents complaining of various health issues.
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Voting for fourth phase of Assembly elections today
- DNA: India sees 50% jump in millionaire exodus in 2016
- Watch - Akshay Kumar's pillow talk with his fans on fitness
- DNA: BJP President Amit Shah's Exclusive interview
- BMC election results 2017: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers to resign
- DNA: Today in History | February 22, 2017
- Children subjected to cruelty on allegations of mobile stealing
- DNA: Former CM Kalikho Pul’s suicide note casts corruption allegations on judiciary
- DNA: Is it now possible to erase bad memories?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP
- Shiv Sena retains Thane Municipal Corporation, wins 67 seats
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days
- 'BJP gaining in Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections after Hindutva introduced in campaign'
- Scam in Arvind Kejriwal's 'Mohalla Clinic'? Vigilance Department initiates probe over doctors earning Rs 4 lakh/month
- Maharashtra civil polls: BJP bags 32 seats in Ulhasnagar, Shiv Sena 25
- 'Cyanide' Mallika, Sasikala's dangerous neighbour in Bengaluru prison, shifted
- Shobhaa De gets sharp response from the cop whom she mocked on Twitter
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: After being snubbed at IPL 2017 auction, Irfan Pathan named skipper of Baroda
- Amravati Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results: BJP wins big, NCP fails to open account