Teens getting grumpier than ever
London: Teenagers, who are known for their crankiness, have valid anxieties that cause their bad moods and gloominess, a survey has revealed.
A new survey has found that youth aged 14 and 15 have the lowest life satisfaction rating of children of all ages, the Daily Express reported.
Scientists discovered that 15 percent of the kids had low feelings of well being, in contrast to just four per cent of those aged eight.
The research, conducted by the Children`s Society, said that teenagers tend to be unhappy with their appearance, the amount of choice or freedom they are allowed and worry about school.
The charity`s Good Childhood Report insisted that between 1994 and 2008 children`s happiness and satisfaction with life was rising.
But that has since levelled out and may now be reducing.
Children, who have gone through poverty, are likely to have drastically lower well-being.
The survey, which was carried on over 42,000 youngsters in the age group of 8 to 17, has prompted the society to launch a well-being guide for parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!