Teens getting grumpier than ever
London: Teenagers, who are known for their crankiness, have valid anxieties that cause their bad moods and gloominess, a survey has revealed.
A new survey has found that youth aged 14 and 15 have the lowest life satisfaction rating of children of all ages, the Daily Express reported.
Scientists discovered that 15 percent of the kids had low feelings of well being, in contrast to just four per cent of those aged eight.
The research, conducted by the Children`s Society, said that teenagers tend to be unhappy with their appearance, the amount of choice or freedom they are allowed and worry about school.
The charity`s Good Childhood Report insisted that between 1994 and 2008 children`s happiness and satisfaction with life was rising.
But that has since levelled out and may now be reducing.
Children, who have gone through poverty, are likely to have drastically lower well-being.
The survey, which was carried on over 42,000 youngsters in the age group of 8 to 17, has prompted the society to launch a well-being guide for parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Mafia don's calls: Maharashtra minister hits back at AAP
- Digvijay Singh seeks judicial probe into fake Batla House encounter
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against Arvind Kejriwal govt, Centre on May 28
- Watch video: Baby bison is attacked by a wolf – what happens next will give you goosebumps!
- Kejriwal gives one week deadline to discoms to solve outages problem