Thailand gives Nagaland condom vending machine
Kohima: The Thailand government has donated a condom vending machine to the Nagaland government to ensure that people can easily access condoms at controlled prices, Nagaland Health Minister Kuzholuzo Nienu said Wednesday.
Thailand Public Health Minister Witthaya Buranasiri gifted the vending machine to members of Nagaland`s Legislative Forum on AIDS during their recent visit to Bangkok.
"The objective of the visit was to meet with the Thai health minister to discuss Thailand`s success with condom promotion in Thailand and coordination amongst NGOs, law enforcing agencies to tackle the prevalence of HIV/AIDS," Neinu told IANS.
Neinu said the Thai minister assured of enhanced aid once people of the state learnt to access and utilise the machine. He also suggested facilitating the treatment of patients from Nagaland in Thailand, which would be cheaper than travelling to New Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai.
Neinu said the Naga delegation explored exchange of knowledge and skills between the doctors of Thailand and Nagaland.
According to the report of AIDS case surveillance, from 1994 till June 2011, 3,933 AIDS case were reported. Of these, 2,141 were men and 1,792 women. There were 552 AIDS related deaths - 280 men, 220 women and 52 children.
HIV prevalence rate in Nagaland has come down to 0.78 percent since December 2010, from 1.27 percent till October 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video