Thailand gives Nagaland condom vending machine
Kohima: The Thailand government has donated a condom vending machine to the Nagaland government to ensure that people can easily access condoms at controlled prices, Nagaland Health Minister Kuzholuzo Nienu said Wednesday.
Thailand Public Health Minister Witthaya Buranasiri gifted the vending machine to members of Nagaland`s Legislative Forum on AIDS during their recent visit to Bangkok.
"The objective of the visit was to meet with the Thai health minister to discuss Thailand`s success with condom promotion in Thailand and coordination amongst NGOs, law enforcing agencies to tackle the prevalence of HIV/AIDS," Neinu told IANS.
Neinu said the Thai minister assured of enhanced aid once people of the state learnt to access and utilise the machine. He also suggested facilitating the treatment of patients from Nagaland in Thailand, which would be cheaper than travelling to New Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai.
Neinu said the Naga delegation explored exchange of knowledge and skills between the doctors of Thailand and Nagaland.
According to the report of AIDS case surveillance, from 1994 till June 2011, 3,933 AIDS case were reported. Of these, 2,141 were men and 1,792 women. There were 552 AIDS related deaths - 280 men, 220 women and 52 children.
HIV prevalence rate in Nagaland has come down to 0.78 percent since December 2010, from 1.27 percent till October 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day