This man cured diabetes with 12-minute workout!
London: He is 67 and a pensioner but full of energy. Suffering from type 2 diabetes a while ago, this man now claims that he has cured himself of diabetes after doing two intense 12-minute workouts a week.
Meet John Hall from Radford, Coventry - a city in the county of West Midlands in England - whose health results has even left doctors stunned.
Hall was told by doctors he had a high risk of heart attack and stroke.
For seven years, he tried various options like altering diet or walking eight km a day but nothing worked.
Worried, he decided to join fitness classes at a local community centre twice a week just four months ago.
His sessions included warm ups and a series of high-intensity aerobic activity.
And miracle happened.
According to Hall, the intense 12-minute exercise routine twice a week has cured his diabetes, halved his cholesterol and controlled blood pressure levels.
“The exercises might only be for 12 minutes but my metabolism keeps working hard for the next 24 hours,” Hall was quoted as saying in a Daily Mail report.
“When I went back to the doctors, they were absolutely astounded,” he recalled.
The doctors are now planning to get him off diabetes medicines, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!