Three suspected polio cases surface
Faridabad: Three suspected polio cases involving one boy and two girls have been reported in this district.
"The children (aged between five to six years) were facing difficulties in walking since a few days," Deputy Chief Medical Officer Dr M M Sharma said.
Their samples have been sent to a laboratory in Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh, for ascertaining if they have developed the disease and the results are expected within 2-3 weeks, he said.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has been informed about the cases and both it and the health department have started investigating the matter, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?