Three suspected polio cases surface
Faridabad: Three suspected polio cases involving one boy and two girls have been reported in this district.
"The children (aged between five to six years) were facing difficulties in walking since a few days," Deputy Chief Medical Officer Dr M M Sharma said.
Their samples have been sent to a laboratory in Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh, for ascertaining if they have developed the disease and the results are expected within 2-3 weeks, he said.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has been informed about the cases and both it and the health department have started investigating the matter, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?