Tips to treat sunburn
Zee Media Bureau/R. Nandini
Sunburn can be painful not only due to its immediate affects on the skin but also for the scars left by them. Therefore, its important to take precaution and even more important to select the right kind of treatment for its cure.
Here are a few tips to reverse the effects of a sunburn:
Ice effect: Rubbing ice cubes on the affected area will not only soothe the burning sensation but will also reduce the swelling, redness and irritation caused by the rashes.
Avoid sun: Try to avoid going out in the sun for at least 2 days after the sunburn. If its really important for you to step out then try avoiding the peak hours i.e. 1-5pm.
Shower magic: A cool shower can also help heal the skin fast and apply deep moisturising lotion as soon as you are done bathing, as the pores remain open for some time helping the cream to penetrate deep within the skin.
Aloe Vera effect: It is an age old home remedy to use fresh aloe vera juice on skin rashes. It's anti-inflammatory properties can heal the skin from within.
Honey drops: Honey has antiseptic properties along with natural conditioning agents which helps in keeping the area well hydrated and germ free.
Don't neglect: If the burns or rashes are more than 20 percent of your body then you must seek medical attention immediately!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre