TN to set up Virology labs in four medical college hospitals
Chennai: In a bid to avoid delay in diagnosing diseases such as Dengue, Chickungunya and swine flu in the state, Tamil Nadu government would soon set up Molecular Virology Laboratories in Medical College Hospitals in Chennai, Madurai, Coimbatore and Tirunelveli.
Making a suo motu statement in the Assembly, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa said laboratories would be set up in four medical college hospitals at a cost of Rs two crore each.
"This scheme would be implemented rapidly in all medical college hospitals in the state," she said.
King`s Institute in Chennai was the only lab to diagnose epidemics thorugh IgM, ELISA tests in the state, she said.
The government also allocated Rs 15 crore to improve infrastructure facilities in government colleges for Indian Medicine in the state, Rs 10 crore for human resources and infrastructure in Government Anna Hospital for Indian Medicine and another Rs 12 crore for opening a research and development unit for Indian medicine, the Chief Minister said.
The government would open lifestyle clinics at a cost of Rs 9.60 crore, which would follow yoga, naturopathy, water therapy, mud therapy, food therapy and acupuncture medical systems to treat blood pressure, diabetes, heart diseases, cancer and backbone related ailments.
In order to check the fake certificates among Indian medicine graduates, the government would put in place a URL and 2 D Bar Code technology to check the authenticity of the certificates at a cost of Rs 15 lakh, she said.
To form a database of patients in 43 hospitals attached to 18 medical and one dental colleges in the state, government would implement a computerised Medical Data Management and Hospital Management Projects with a central server at a cost of Rs 22.58 crore, the Chief Minister said.
The government would also develop 15 government hospitals in 15 districts without government medical college at a cost of Rs 18.51 crore, she said, adding that Community-based Pain Relief and Palliative Care units would be set up in all districts at Rs 16.50 crore.
A total of Rs 12.28 crore was earmarked for maternal medical care to open special units in 55 government hospitals in the state, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks