San Juan: A 14-month-old boy tested positive for marijuana in a toxicology exam at a San Juan hospital, where he was admitted after his parents became concerned that he was sleeping too much.
The child "is in stable condition", but remains under observation, Puerto Rico Police Department (PRPD) spokeswoman, Karen Lee Torres told EFE news agency Friday.
The parents, both 33, called an emergency health hotline after they observed their son was sleeping too much. Paramedics visited the family's home and decided to take the baby to Auxilio Mutuo Hospital, where a doctor ordered a toxicology test.
Hospital authorities reported the case to Puerto Rico's family services agency, who will investigate in conjunction with the PRPD.
Torres said that while the toddler's parents have not been charged, they remain under investigation.