Tomatoes can help fight the flab
London: Move over starving diets and strict exercise regimes- the key to weight loss could simply be eating lots of tomatoes, experts believe.
According to researchers, the fruit leaves the eater feeling satisfied, and thus suppresses the urge to snack, which is one of a slimmer``s main pitfalls, reports The Daily Express.
It is thought tomatoes are rich in compounds that alter levels of appetite hormones, making them an easy way to keep off hunger pangs.
To reach the conclusion, researchers at Reading University fed 17 women sandwiches made with white bread, bread enriched with carrots or with tomatoes.
The tomato bread proved the most filling, the researchers found.
Project leader Dr Julie Lovegrove said: “We can’t yet say what the crucial ingredient is, but the results were statistically significant.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi