Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Tomatoes are an implausibly versatile food. They contain Vitamin C and therefore help in increasing one's immunity. Not just this, tomatoes also contain several other vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus, copper and dietary fibres all of which are necessary for good health.
Here are few reasons as to why eating tomatoes is an excellent option:
- Tomatoes confer protection against high cholesterol, strokes and heart disease.
- Tomatoes basically have an anti-ageing affect on our body as they contain antioxidant lycopene which is easily absorbed by our body thereby leaving you with a healthy skin and hair.
- Since tomatoes are a rich source of antioxidants such as vitamin C and Vitamin A, these vitamins help in preventing DNA damage from free radicals.
- Due to the presence of Lycopene, they are a natural source of fighting against several cancers, including prostate, cervical, stomach, colon, rectal, prostate and ovarian cancer.
- Tomatoes help in keeping blood sugar in balance.
Narendra Modi sent emissaries to me: Geelani
Pak journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
Book from RAW, a new threat to UPA?
IPL Scam: BCCI`s emergency meet to decide Srinivasan`s fate tomorrow