Traditional Chinese medicine gets a capital
Beijing: Zhangshu, a city in east China's Jiangxi Province, was officially named 'Capital of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)' Wednesday.
The China Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine announced the decision at the opening ceremony of China's 44th National Traditional Medicine Trade Fair being held in Zhangshu, Xinhua reported.
The city is famous for its rich resources of medicinal herbs.
Trade in TCM in Zhangshu dates back to 1,800 years, and it has continued and flourished since then, according to the association.
The first Zhangshu Traditional Medicine Trade Fair was approved by China's State Council and held in 1958.
More than 10,000 pharmaceutical manufacturers and 620 enterprises, represented by more than 100,000 people, attended the trade fair this year.
About 15,000 kinds of traditional medicine were on display, according to the organisers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown