Traditional Chinese medicine gets a capital
Beijing: Zhangshu, a city in east China's Jiangxi Province, was officially named 'Capital of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)' Wednesday.
The China Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine announced the decision at the opening ceremony of China's 44th National Traditional Medicine Trade Fair being held in Zhangshu, Xinhua reported.
The city is famous for its rich resources of medicinal herbs.
Trade in TCM in Zhangshu dates back to 1,800 years, and it has continued and flourished since then, according to the association.
The first Zhangshu Traditional Medicine Trade Fair was approved by China's State Council and held in 1958.
More than 10,000 pharmaceutical manufacturers and 620 enterprises, represented by more than 100,000 people, attended the trade fair this year.
About 15,000 kinds of traditional medicine were on display, according to the organisers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases
- ED officer loses annual increments for harassing woman
- Finally! Ringing Bells ready with two lakh Freedom 251 phones: Mohit Goel