Traditional Chinese medicine gets a capital
Beijing: Zhangshu, a city in east China's Jiangxi Province, was officially named 'Capital of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)' Wednesday.
The China Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine announced the decision at the opening ceremony of China's 44th National Traditional Medicine Trade Fair being held in Zhangshu, Xinhua reported.
The city is famous for its rich resources of medicinal herbs.
Trade in TCM in Zhangshu dates back to 1,800 years, and it has continued and flourished since then, according to the association.
The first Zhangshu Traditional Medicine Trade Fair was approved by China's State Council and held in 1958.
More than 10,000 pharmaceutical manufacturers and 620 enterprises, represented by more than 100,000 people, attended the trade fair this year.
About 15,000 kinds of traditional medicine were on display, according to the organisers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'