Traditional Chinese medicine gets a capital
Beijing: Zhangshu, a city in east China's Jiangxi Province, was officially named 'Capital of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)' Wednesday.
The China Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine announced the decision at the opening ceremony of China's 44th National Traditional Medicine Trade Fair being held in Zhangshu, Xinhua reported.
The city is famous for its rich resources of medicinal herbs.
Trade in TCM in Zhangshu dates back to 1,800 years, and it has continued and flourished since then, according to the association.
The first Zhangshu Traditional Medicine Trade Fair was approved by China's State Council and held in 1958.
More than 10,000 pharmaceutical manufacturers and 620 enterprises, represented by more than 100,000 people, attended the trade fair this year.
About 15,000 kinds of traditional medicine were on display, according to the organisers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list