Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Did you get a cut while chopping veggies in a hurry or got nicked while shaving? Don't worry.
There are some everyday wounds, mostly cuts that almost all of us must have experienced. Predominantly, we apply turmeric powder to the the wound so that it stops healing.
Even though turmeric carries antiseptic properties, a wound needs proper cleansing to avoid infection.
Here are some easy steps to treat a wound at home.
- Firstly, wash the area properly under running water. It will not only clean dust but also help stop the bleeding.
- Wash the particular area with clean water and soap as it will help to lower the chance of infection.
- Dry the area properly with a clean and dry cloth as presence of water on the wound can lead to puss formation.
- Tie a wire gauze or cotton to the cut so that air or moisture does not enter.
- To get some relief from the pain and burning sensation, apply an antiseptic cream or neosporin powder to it.