Two die, seven critical after `diarrhoea` outbreak in Punjab
Jalandhar: Two persons, including an infant, died and seven fell ill following suspected diarrhoea outbreak in Punjab`s Jalandhar district, officials said here today.
"A five-month-old child and a youth have died in the past few days. They had complained of stomach ache but it can`t be surely said that the deaths were due to diarrhoea," district Civil Surgeon Dr R L Vassan said.
Seven persons have also been admitted to the district hospital in critical conditions, he said, adding that teams of health officials have been rushed to affected areas to provide medical aid.
"We are distributing chlorine tablets door to door. The municipal corporation has also been asked to ensure supply of pure drinking water," he said, rubbishing allegations that the outbreak occurred due to any negligence on part of the administration.
Earlier, DM Priyank Bharati visited the affected areas and instructed authorities to ensure supply of safe drinking water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...