UAE launches campaign against Hepatitis C
Abu Dhabi: The UAE has launched a nationwide awareness campaign to encourage residents to be screened for Hepatitis C.
The campaign was launched by the Emirates Gastroenterology and Hepatology Society under the Emirates Medical Association, UAE Red Crescent, Zakat Fund and Patient`s Friends Committee.
Hepatitis C can be successfully treated before a liver transplant is needed, experts said.
The two-month campaign will provide free screening to 4,000 people at centres located in shopping malls and social clubs in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Al Ain and Sharjah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Nihal Batla, face of Progeria awareness campaign in India, dies at 15
- BJP slams UP CM Akhilesh Yadav over hunger death in Bundelkhand
- Shah Rukh Khan should get National Award for 'FAN'—See who says this!
- Forget controversies, KRK makes 'interesting' remark about Karan Singh Grover-Bipasha Basu wedding
- Shiv Sena slams Centre's U-turn on Hurriyat, says BJP govt acting like a 'chameleon'